View Full Version : Faceted render with renderman

yogeshsherman
09 September 2010, 09:25 AM
Hi
When I am using RAT and when I Add Shadow Attrs to to my light in Maya and render ,it comes faceted .please help me as I have no idea why this is happening.
http://i56.tinypic.com/eknf37.jpghttp://i53.tinypic.com/213lu1c.jpg

MikeBracken
09 September 2010, 11:48 AM
I think you need to add the dub div scheme.

BTW, If you have precomputed your shadows without the subd, you will need to recalculate.

Regards,
Mike

yogeshsherman
09 September 2010, 01:00 PM
the faceted geometry comes even after applying Sub div,it doesn't have any precomputed shadows.

MikeBracken
09 September 2010, 02:40 PM
Sorry. You should ask over at the Pixar forums. They are some of the most helpfull people.
Think Vray forum and you will get the idea.:cool:

Regards,
Mike

zmuh11
09 September 2010, 05:51 PM
I think you need to add the dub div scheme.

BTW, If you have precomputed your shadows without the subd, you will need to recalculate.

Regards,
Mike

I remember running into this issue and I thought this was the fix. Is it a polygon object?

2stepdmb
09 September 2010, 11:46 PM
What version of RfM are you running? This sounds familiar, so it might be a bug we already fixed.

Ian

yogeshsherman
09 September 2010, 05:12 PM
yes ,it is a polygon sphere and my version is old one 1.0
so any work around for now .

noizFACTORY
09 September 2010, 01:53 PM
Have you tried adjusting the light's shadow bias settings?

yogeshsherman
09 September 2010, 02:13 PM
hmm noizFACTORY as it is pretty clear from the image itself that it is not a bias problem and I think zmuh11 and 2stepdmb are right that is a bug which they have resolved in their latest version ,so far I have found a way around to resolve this issue.
so if anyone else has some script for prman to resolve this issue I feel highly obliged .

CGTalk Moderation
09 September 2010, 02:13 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.