View Full Version : Final Frontier Eddie (From Iron Maiden)

08-29-2010, 03:42 PM
Ok I been hooked on Eddie since the first time I saw an Iron Maiden Concert way back in the 70's. I found a site that has every Eddie version ever done and they had the new Final Frontier Eddie and thought I would try.

(BTW in the video the space pilot fighting Eddie looks Just like the one they have on the box cover for Starcraft. And Eddie is a variant of the pretador without his mask. Wonder if they are both coincidences?

anyways anyone wanting any Eddie Ref or wallpapers this sites the bomb

anyways here is my ref images

the base skull was done in 3DS with the sculpting and poly painting to be dine in ZBrush. If the head comes out ok I want to do the body.

the first picture is of their initial idea which I am using for a base, and then the final results show his brains on the right side top of his head.

the main problem I am having right now is to get that cheek bone brought out properly.

for a base I started with a regular shaped skull and then lengthened the back of it , shortened the upper gum area, recessed the nose bones a little more, smooshed the eye sockets and widened them some.

Now I am working on the brow and cheek ridges.

The second photo series is where I was working on the base.

08-29-2010, 09:34 PM
I been doing some work since this was posted. I have worked some more on the cheek bone and brow bone to give me a base. I also got the lower jaw and jaw horns in place. the first pic doesnt have them but the final render did so I am adding them.

08-29-2010, 09:44 PM
O yeah! Nice choice. Iron maiden one is my fav Heavy metal groups. Nice start. GL!

08-30-2010, 01:52 AM
Ok tonight worked on his Bubbly Brains. I will have to bring some of the bubbly into his right eye socket yet and add some veins on the side of his skull. I got the crack at the back of the skull in place but dont really like the look of it. I suck at making cracks lol

08-31-2010, 04:30 PM
Just comparing your model to your source images, maybe you should make the cheek ridge flatter and sharper. I think from the top the cheek bones should have more pronounced corners, making them more squarish.

08-31-2010, 06:03 PM
thanks yes I have a lot of work to do on the cheeks yet. also on the video you get a glimpse of the side of his head and where the cheekbone ends it looks like a hard surface inorganic object. I been busy this week so not much time to work on it but I need to work on the cheeks and the eye brow area and then start texturing. I hope to get back to him later in the week

CGTalk Moderation
08-31-2010, 06:03 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.