View Full Version : render command's -preRender flag

tdHendrix
07 July 2010, 01:27 PM
Hi, I need to disable certain lights in the scene at render time depending on which camera I'm rendering from. I'm using a .bat file with a bunch of render commands in it to render the scene from outside of Maya 2011. It works fine until I add the -preRender flag. Only after I add the -preRender flag it gives the error where it exits with status 210, otherwise everything works perfectly. Here's an example of the command I'm trying to do:

render -r sw -cam myCam -im "imageName" -preRender "setAttr pSphere1.translateY 2;" -rd "C:/render dir" "C:/fileToRender.ma"

Am I using the -preRender flag wrong or something? I found a post a while back that someone had a problem with the render command's -preRender flag and had to use the mayabatch command instead, but I'm hoping to be able to use the render command instead. Thanks for any help.

ph2003
07 July 2010, 06:06 PM
i have no problem using -preRender flag either on 2008 or 2011.
it should told u what error u had b4 the "exit with 201 status" line
make sure u type obj name correctly, or just try using a simple command see if it works
render -preRender "select -all" filename.ma

CGTalk Moderation
07 July 2010, 06:06 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.