View Full Version : Critique my face!

07 July 2010, 02:40 PM
Hi guys, I'm building a rig to teach myself rigging, and I would love some advice on the facial topology. If anyone could take a look and give any advice I'd be grateful. The face is loosely based on the norman rig, but I put a nose in so I could learn about how working with facial rigging, animation and modelling in more detail.

I have started playing with some blend shapes on it to test it so far, I am going to tweak it alotbefore I take it further though, I want it to be the best I can make it.

So far the poles on the cheeks are probably my biggest worry, but tell me what you think!

edit: I have just started trying to make angry eyebrows and it definitely needs a couple more edge loops going vertically up from the top of the nose.

Also while I'm at it, I'll ask for crits on the rest of his body.

07 July 2010, 06:58 PM
I'm not sure how realistic you want it to be for a rig but here's some great topology tips:

07 July 2010, 12:30 PM
Wow, great link, thanks Psyk0!

CGTalk Moderation
07 July 2010, 12:30 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.