I'm a wannabe 3D modelling rookie and I would like to ask you guys for help.
Up until now I really tried to solve all my problems by myself (looking up tutorials / watching training videos)
but I can't seem to get any further or you could say I don't really know how to do it the right way.
Basicly, what I'm trying to do is adding "clothes" to my character for a game.
Here is what I did so far:
1. modelled my dummy character (making a real one still to difficult D: )
2. created a very very simple rig (without controllers and or any IKs )
3.smooth binded (max influence 3) and re-painted the skin weights as best as I could (movement kinda working and no deformations)
http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/3896/44015058.th.png (http://img831.imageshack.us/i/44015058.png/) http://img803.imageshack.us/img803/4886/48651066.th.png (http://img803.imageshack.us/i/48651066.png/)
4. modelled a shirt and trousers out of two single planes (2 separate poly meshes) - looking fine so far I think
5. smooth binded the clothing (max influence 3), the shirt & trousers to the skeleton and re-painted the skin weights of the clothing to deform correctly to follow along the body (well at least that's what I wanted...)
6. and here we go - if I'm trying to move the legs or arms for example the body is going through the clothing on some parts :( cause of the stretching
http://img828.imageshack.us/img828/8294/59384412.th.png (http://img828.imageshack.us/i/59384412.png/)http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/585/37077319.th.png (http://img231.imageshack.us/i/37077319.png/) http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/4677/78308537.th.png (http://img836.imageshack.us/i/78308537.png/)
so, how would you guys do this (clothing)? maybe my skin weight painting on the clothing is just bad and is leading to those holes... or completely wrong method?
I already redid this character a few times because of some big rookie mistakes and lacking of fundermantel knowledge.
I would really appreciate any advice / help
(sorry for the bad english)