Can someone help me?
Below are the main techniques I use in LW, could someone suggest the 3ds alternatives?
Any help would be very greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
1) Show all views in wireframe.
2) Create a shape, manually selecting the amout of edges etc. View it in full wireframe.
3) Precisely 'KNIFE' though an object in order to create new points to move manually to fit a blueprint).
4) Use a second object in another layer as a 'BOOLEAN' or 'DRILL' in order to create a hole the shape of the second object, in the first (for windows etc).
5) 'SUB PATCH' an object in order to smooth the edges.
6) Create an object using 'SPLINES' welded together (e.g. an aircraft cockpit) to create a 'cage' then 'AUTO PATCH' the cage in order to fill it in.
7) Change between selecting 'POINTS' and 'POLYGONS'
8) Select two points then creating a line which joins the 2 points (i.e. joining 2 vertical lines with a top horizontal one - this would be done in LW
by selecting the top of each vertical line and then presing 'CTRL - P'. A horizontal line would then be created joining the 2 vertical ones.
9) 'PEN DRAW' - creating a shape out of points which are automatically filled in by LW.