Lee, Andrew Hickinbottom (3D)

View Full Version : Cannot render a specific scene file

rafaeljm
07-14-2010, 09:02 PM
Hi. I´ve been having a strange issue with a specific scene file. It doesn´t render. Whenever I hit the batch render button, which normally gives me no problem, this happens on the script editor:
BatchRender;
// Saving temporary file: /Users/rafael/Documents/Animation Mentor/Class5/Week5/AM_DidArthur/scenes/AM_didarthur100sinopers__2835.mb //
// Rendering with Maya Software... //
// Rendering Completed. See Console for more information. //
But it actually didn´t render anything, and it finishes almost inmediately after it starts. I´ve tried many diferent render settings, with maya software, mental, etc... as image sequence, as a movie file, but nothing happens. As soon as it starts it says the render is complete. I´m using referenced characters and thought that might be it, but I´ve actually stripped the scene down to just the camera and a few props, and it keeps on happening. I´m sure it has to be something really simple, but I can´t find what it is.
Here´s the stripped down scene file:
http://www.vampstudio.net/archivos/help.mb.zip
My specs are: Mac OS 10.5.8, Maya 2010, MacBookPro 15"
I sent the file to a friend who tried to render it in a PC but same thing happened
Please help me out, I´m desperate!
Thanks

mduvekot
07-15-2010, 01:18 AM
You got some outdated mental ray nodes in your scene.

This bit of MEL fixed it for me:

delete `ls -typ "unknown"`;

rafaeljm
07-15-2010, 03:14 PM
You got some outdated mental ray nodes in your scene.

This bit of MEL fixed it for me:

delete `ls -typ "unknown"`;

Wow, thanks a lot. I´m a Cinema4D guy, so I would´ve never found out that on my own. :applause:

JohnPetrucci
07-15-2010, 04:30 PM
Did you fix it??

rafaeljm
07-15-2010, 04:41 PM
yeah, mduvekot´s MEL trick worked like a charm! I´d still like to know where to look in Maya to know that.. I mean, is there a panel somewhere where I could´ve seen that?

achoury
07-15-2010, 05:19 PM
yeah, mduvekot´s MEL trick worked like a charm! I´d still like to know where to look in Maya to know that.. I mean, is there a panel somewhere where I could´ve seen that?

Hi
yes
outliner /Show DAG
/rachid

CGTalk Moderation
07-15-2010, 05:19 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.