09 September 2003, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by pygoh
Hi, i'm having problem rendering my scene using lightnet over my network. Worked ok yesterday. It's rendering out black frames of about 10 kb each. Anyone have any ideas?
I need more info :)
I'm ready to help but we should check more details.
1) check the paths in the scene files. I usually place the project folder in a networked drive, so that every pc can see it and the relevant files: objects, images, plugins. etc.
You can open the LWS scene file in notepad and see the paths: they should be "relatives" like : objects/THE-ONE-RING.lwo
and not absolute like: c:\works\thering\objects\the-one-ring.lwo
2) watch the LWSN closely when it start: it should say if there are missing elements in the scene file. If the text is too fast, simply scroll back !
3) particels ? I've got some funny results rendering particels on the network, without "fixing" them. Well, i got some black screens while i was rendering a sort of rainbow made of particels (7 emitters! wow :) on some of the pcs.
Ok, tell me more and i'll try to help! :)
09 September 2003, 04:42 PM
if you're getting black frames, that could mean a couple of things:
- Your screamer node is not seeing your .cfg files for soem reason
- With particles, make sure you save out your .pfx motion file and make sure it is on the same relative networked drive/directory
01 January 2006, 05:09 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.