XM Magdalena 3D print, GGeorgy (3D)
LC #42 Pipers Alley

View Full Version : Motion Transplanting

05-23-2010, 03:17 PM
I've noticed that I can tell when digital movement is applied to shots, and at the time couldn't pull off much more than dropping a camera on a fairly static rig to be able to concept compositing stuff into a scene (I've since gotten quite a bit farther than this level of compositing) - so I came up with a solution. I was thinking I could even just have a library of motion templates with me slinging a camera at targets of various distances and zooms to get different looks I could apply ... perhaps even following action by putting targets on things that are moving, etc...

Ideally, I could get celebrity camera operators to wield the camera at the targets for a couple hours and cell celebrity motion packs... like Robert Rodriquez's camera motion applied to your clip, or Tarantino, perhaps steal some from old Cine Verite films, etc.

Our most recent short utilizes model work and motion tracking to fit it into the background... This is our second go around at greenscreen work and compositing:

Canon XL1s
Final Cut Studio 1
Shake 4.1

CGTalk Moderation
05-23-2010, 03:17 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.