View Full Version : UBER widescreen rendering issue

05 May 2010, 10:35 AM
Hey guys!

I'm making this 3D stage for a screen that is 9152 x 1080p (or most commonly known as 5 projectors alligned next to eachother. Unfortunatly when i hit render, the center of the stage is textured perfectly, but everything towards the edges gradually fades to pixely grey lambert... i thought it may have something to do with the drawdistance on the camera, but that would remove EVERYthing...

Any one have any ideas? i cant really split it up into 5 camera's on maya as it doesnt allow for camera curve

Here is a small version of what i mean. (its to big to show the whole thing in detail, so here is half the screen)

any one got any ideas? baring in mind this happens on both sides!

05 May 2010, 11:38 AM
Just thought ide say this issue has been fixed with the help of maya 2011

I hit render, the render messages came up and told me that it couldnt locate the .psd's so i changed them to .png's and it now works...

So for all those who wish to do an animation for a screen that is 9152x1080, dont use .psd's as textures... tbh, i never use psd's as textures any more any way, this was years ago i made this project, thought i would revisit it, and it took a few seconds in photoshop :(

CGTalk Moderation
05 May 2010, 11:38 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.