LC #42 Pipers Alley

View Full Version : landscape flyover template?

05-21-2010, 03:40 AM
does anyone know of a ae template or tutorial for doing a flyover landscape with items (like trees) popping up?

05-21-2010, 04:58 PM
If you're planning on using just after effects, your options are fairly limited. However, theres one method you can use to make a basic forest.

You can start by downloading some tree textures with alpha channels. (Like the ones you can find here (https://shop.*******.com/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=194&osCsid=8ei5sekbamdhl99pm7vqeehde7)) Then you can use trapcode form to arrange them into a forest. You can then fill in the "Ground" using textures, solids and masks etc. You can then use trapcode horizon to make a sky.

05-24-2010, 05:16 PM
I'm not aware of any templates no, especially for natural environments like fields, woods, mountains etc. I have seen tutorials on how to create a City landscape and fly through it. Andrew Kramer has done this and you could probably use that knowledge to create one yourself.

Also this little tutorial by another mo graph blogger:

However - I would probably use actual footage OR use a 3D program to do what you are describing. AfterEffects is fairly limited on it's ability to do 3D, and if you have cut-outs of trees etc, it will limit your movement and overall composition.

Here are a few links that might help:

Cinema 4D:

3D Landscape software:

CGTalk Moderation
05-24-2010, 05:16 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.