View Full Version : Network Rendering
05-20-2010, 02:38 PM
Could do with a little help setting up our Network for Composite. At present we have a 7 machine x64 bit , dual quad core we use for rendering 3ds Max 2011 and below.
I was assuming that Composite would 'plugin' to Backburner in a similiar manner to Max...
From reading the help, which seems very limited on the subject I have to install Python on all servers and the machine I wish to send the job from.
I'm getting a "Background task failed : External process could not be launched"
Running Composite on Windows 7 and the renderfarm is XP if that helps all 64 bit.
Any help to get this going would be appreciated.
05-20-2010, 03:19 PM
Okay the problem has moved on a little. I can now submit a job to Backbruner by putting in the appropriate paths into the python script but for some reason I can no longer see any of my netwrok paths in Composite.....
I can see all paths through explorer and I'm running Composite as administrator....
05-21-2010, 08:53 AM
The problem does seem to be running Composite in Admin mode knocks out the network drives, is this happening to anyone else.
04-07-2011, 01:55 PM
I can't help but I too am having problems with network rendering in Composite... the only other software we have is a very old version of Combustion and I don't want to go back to that after using Fusion and the likes...
I also concur with the incredibly inept help file on the subject...
04-08-2011, 08:38 AM
We use Toxik2011 for one year now and render with backburner. There is lot of things that can cause problems, but once done it is reliable.
- First, backburner 2008 is better for toxik. I dunno for backburner 2012/Toxik2012, will test that soon.
- Be sure to have all elements (footages, fbx, etc) on network. No accents in paths, it will work locally but not via backburner ! We use network shared drive here, no problem (every machine have same letters to same server network drives)
- Give txrender.exe network access (firewall ?)
- Turn Off Program Compatibility Assistant ! (Group policie : Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> Application Compatibility : Turn Off Program Compatibility Assistant). Via gpos if you are on AD network.
- mediacache and composite directory need full rights for everyone. A good idea would be to have a toxik.ini for every machines, settings mediache. Example :
Then create D:\Toxik and give it full access/everyone.
- A good idea also is to create a default project on the network and have all composite loading this one (toxik.ini : toxik::projectName E:/__ToxikProject/ToxikProject.txproject)
Anyway, this shouldn't be a problem for backburner.
finnally, you should have a look at aera forum, very active with some developers and gurus on Toxik :
Here is a tool to access lot more options while sending jobs :
I never had you specific error message, but it could be permissions.
04-08-2011, 08:38 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.