View Full Version : Samsung 172X and 191T

09 September 2003, 02:04 PM
I decided to buy Samsung 172X but I will be on the market in the end of october. I'm not sure if it's worth of waiting. Maybe just go for 191T? What do you think is it worth to wait for 172X: 270cd/m2 , 500:1, 16ms?

09 September 2003, 02:41 PM
IMHO, go for the 191Twithout looking back - it's available at a great price and I've been very happy with it for the last 6 months. You'll appreciate the larger image area, unless you like to sit with the nose in the monitor.

The only downside would be the response time, which is higher, but unless you are doing video editing without external monitoring or you are a heavy gamer, it shouldn't make much difference.

In either case, definately go for the models with DVI input (like you seem to have decided) - there is a significant difference between analog and digital on Samsung monitors.

Or, you could also wait for the 193T, in the same timeframe, with slightly better quality than the older 191T - if the price difference isn't much, it might be worth it.


09 September 2003, 03:23 PM
oh I didn't heard about 193T. Do you know where I could find any info about it?

09 September 2003, 03:33 PM

999$ uh...and it's not 16ms so I guess I will go for 191T:thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01 January 2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.