View Full Version : Water Simulation

galeru
04 April 2010, 07:11 PM
Hey guys i'm trying to make a simulation of water running in a sink or bath.

I do not have Realflow so this must be done in Maya does anyone have any ideas of how to do it or any tutorials for Tap Water Simulation

Thnx

tpalamar
04 April 2010, 09:41 PM
Sure, but first what version of Maya are you running? Are you trying to fill the tub with water?

nParticles are what you want to use. Filling a tub though will require a lot particles so you might need to do some cheats. For instance you could have the faucet emitting nParticles and then have a pond rise up through the bottom of the tub (cutting through the geometry) to fake the effects of it filling.

galeru
04 April 2010, 12:25 AM
Currently running 2009

These options sound great. The water does not need to animate filling up I was thinking to have a volume of water and then have water running from the faucet into this and have the water penetrat and make ripples as it would in reality.

Baths tend to take a while to fill so for a few seconds shot the water level would pretty much stay the samem however if you have some ideas i would love to add animation for a sing to fill up.

So one where the water level did not move and one where it did would be awesome.

thanks tpalamar i look forward to hearing you solutions.

tpalamar
04 April 2010, 03:00 PM
For a sink, I think that is what you meant to type, you could do all nParticles. Make the particles kinda large and then convert them to geometry. Geometry is expensive but I think its worth it for the effect.

galeru
04 April 2010, 05:50 PM
how would you make particles penetrate a water surface and have bubbles?

CGTalk Moderation
04 April 2010, 05:50 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.