View Full Version : FumeFX Explosion
04-12-2010, 08:42 PM
This is a big scale explosion created with FumeFx and particle flow.
>> QuickTime link (http://www.klemenlozar.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/Tank_Explosion_Lg_Prog.mov) << - Recommended
>> YouTube link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XR-_2BBGo5c) <<
Thanks for watching!
04-12-2010, 09:02 PM
Aweesome! love it.
04-12-2010, 09:28 PM
The explosion is nice but, the ground vegetation no reaction the explosion,
I thing after the explosion the ground make a "MATTE PAINT" in modify terrain and ground :)
04-13-2010, 11:06 AM
- The cam move doesn't work without parallax, drop it. When you have things like that painting, either liven it up - some birds, vegetation moving, sand in the wind, or make it real short, it looks disturbingly dead otherways
- There is huge difference in the look of your two grids - the one in the base and the one that rises, looks very disjointed
- The shockwave grid is very uniform, needs to be broken up
- The flamey smoketrailing pieces need to be broken up and reduced in number
- More interaction with the object, and more of it getting involved in the explosion would be nice
- There's no high-freq detail in the fire, looks small
- Dust from the shockwave disappears too quickly
There's your crits, enjoy :)
04-13-2010, 11:27 AM
I was really focusing in making the explosion feel big, violent and trying to get all different pieces to work together in this one. I do agree that the explosion lacks interaction with some other objects in the environement. I will try to spice it up next time :)
04-13-2010, 12:59 PM
I love first shockwave !
nice expolosion ;)
04-14-2010, 07:41 PM
excellent work. Would have love to see some particles and dust reach the glass of the lens ;)
That would be a nice added touch yes?
04-16-2010, 09:02 AM
That would be pretty cool yes :)
04-16-2010, 12:05 PM
Really great job!
The shockwave is amazing!
The only thing i can say is theres some fragments of particles that seems to reach the boundary of the grid and suddenly stops to emmit smoke...
How did you do this shokwave... is particles or another source from fume?
04-16-2010, 08:39 PM
The shockwave is a particle source. Pretty much just a bounch of particles born with a big speed value set to horizontal, they die after a few frames when they go past the camera.
04-16-2010, 08:39 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.