View Full Version : mudbox 2010 or 2011 question

navigilcano
03 March 2010, 04:29 PM
Can I do in Mudbox 2010 or 2011, a character starting from 0 as in zbrush?
I mean who has such a jacket, but is independent of the character

oglu
03 March 2010, 04:55 PM
no...
you have to model a basemesh in maya, max,...

navigilcano
03 March 2010, 06:31 PM
this is a mistake, so can not compete with zbrush, because you need minimum two programs to make a whole model

DrZenith
03 March 2010, 06:39 PM
this is a mistake, so can not compete with zbrush, because you need minimum two programs to make a whole model

That sentence is a mistake, and not very well informed either my friend. Now be gone troll!

marcelh
03 March 2010, 07:00 AM
I'm primarily a ZBrush user and even I don't understand people complaining about not being able to do something in Mudbox that they've seen being done in ZBrush. This isn't as offensive as most of the comments I hear, but still, it's like you're expecting Mudbox to be a ZBrush clone instead of it developing it's own creative workflow. Both Mudbox and ZBrush have their strengths and weaknesses and neither app can claim to be all things to all people. If you need to have access to a toolset like ZBrush's, just use ZBrush. It's a fairly inexpensive app to add to your toolset. When choosing your tools it doesn't have to be either or.

Eshta
03 March 2010, 08:10 PM
Mudbox was not done to be like that..to was don't so its an add to your pipeline like if you have Maya or Max in your studio and you want to sculpt.
Zbrush has the Z-spheres..but its up to you if you like it or not..I personally don;'t

CGTalk Moderation
03 March 2010, 08:10 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.