View Full Version : Really long render times

arvindsond
03 March 2010, 08:14 PM
Hi all was wondering if anyone could help me with rendering in vue, as it's taking ages.
I have all the render custom settings open in the image below, so any help would be appreciated!
I left it rendering all day whilst I was at work and it got stuck at 2% (4 frames only) and it's the 2nd time it's stopped at 2%.....a bit strange, not sure whether the RAM keeps filling up or sumthing like that!

I have 4 'standard' terrain meshes (3 mountains and 1 grass) and a global ecosystem that has a forest in there with 3 different types of tree in it. A single frame takes around 30-45mins to render

Thanks

Arvind!

martaaay
03 March 2010, 10:46 PM
Things like depth of field and motion blur can kill your performance, and are often best done in post (for depth of field, output a depth matte, and for motion blur, output a velocity map).

What are your atmosphere settings? The lighting choice can often kill performance, and very often you don't need fancy shading on AO or GI.

CGTalk Moderation
03 March 2010, 10:46 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.