View Full Version : Lightning question?

Ultimatum
09 September 2003, 06:18 AM
Hi, guys!
This is my first post here at CG.

I have used Lightwave for about 1/2 year and have succeeded producing some quite nice images, but I have this one question for you:

Check out the link below.

http://www.sighost.us/members/Builtdown/spotlight.jpg

There´s one spotlight coming straight from top and that´s the only light in the scene. None of the materials have reflection or luminosity. Also no radiosity. My question is:

Shouldn´t there be a lighted "cone" coming from the roof to the floor and the upper corners of the room should be in a dark shadow? Now the whole room is been lighted altough it shouldn´t.

-Ultimatum

evenflcw
09 September 2003, 07:09 AM
Ambient intensity (in the Global Illuminations panel) is at 25% by default, set it to 0% to make areas which recieve no direct light pitch black. It should normally be pretty low (0-5%), except when using radiosity. If you want a visible "lighted cone" check out the volumetric options in the light properties panel.

Ultimatum
09 September 2003, 07:16 AM
Thanks,

never had thought that ambient intensity would affect even if radiosity is turned off.

-Ultimatum

CGTalk Moderation
01 January 2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.