View Full Version : anyone available to help me rig?

Shade01
09 September 2003, 11:37 PM
Hi, I've got a few characters from my film that I need rigged and I was wondering if there was someone out there with some free time who might be able to help out. The characters are already built, they just need to be weighted and rigged, and this is an area of great pain for me:) I need to be able to trust whomever with my files, so if you are not a longtime active Lightwave poster please do not respond.

leigh
09 September 2003, 11:49 PM
I'd help you out if I was any good at rigging, but unfortunately I totally and utterly suck at it :blush:

Just wanted to drop you a line to wish you luck with your film though :)

I'm sure you'll find someone to help you...

Castius
09 September 2003, 02:57 AM
I'm going to be trying to rebiuld my auto rigging tool in the next week or two. I'll let you know how things go. Going to try to make it much more flexable and alittle better rig. So if anyone has any input nows the time.

http://www.steelronin.com/index.php?page=downloads&content=rigging

Shade01
09 September 2003, 08:42 AM
Well, I use ACS4 which works well enough as far as rigging, but I can't make a good weight map to save my life:hmm: Shoulders and a few other areas consistently give me troubles. Sometimes I can fix them but no matter what it takes way too long to do it, taking me away from doing other things. These auto riggers are great, now will someone make an auto weight mapper(that works well), pretty please? :love:

Nemoid
09 September 2003, 09:03 AM
a great solution would be to use - cough cough - Messiah !

I heard its bones need no weights. :drool:

if you want to do all in Lw, rigging is now currently quite difficult if you have no experience.
for skeletons you can use skeleton editor and paintbrush for weights.

from my very little experience i know that for the shoulder area, the better solution is to place a very small bone in the joint area, so that it will have a small influence on the rest of the body.

just my 2 cents of euro.

uncommongrafx
09 September 2003, 02:35 PM
Hey Shade,
I use ACS4 and would be willing to give you a hand.
Also, I believe that tute from Albee, on Worley's site, is phenomenal insight as to a better way to weight through images. I haven't sat down to try it, yet, but I ruminate on things like this for some time....

Good luck with your flick!

Eugeny
09 September 2003, 09:02 PM
I can help u ... Check your PM.

oxyg3n
09 September 2003, 08:06 AM
Hello Shade,

A while back I said that I would love to help you on your project, and I am still available. I would be willing to help you rig and I actually like weightmapping.

I dont have acs4, is there a particular way you want the model rigged?

Tudor
09 September 2003, 09:54 AM
Well.. messiah is just like LW, without weightmaps. it is like setting the falloff to ^128. messiah actually has quite a few problems with rigging due to no weightmaps.

And rigging in LW compared to other programs is different, but not that hard. I say that rigging in Maya is a pain compared to LW. Separate weightmaps for each joint.. ouch.. LW is a dream when it comes to weightmaps.
I know.. I work all day long rigging in Maya and LW.

Originally posted by Nemoid
a great solution would be to use - cough cough - Messiah !

I heard its bones need no weights. :drool:

if you want to do all in Lw, rigging is now currently quite difficult if you have no experience.
for skeletons you can use skeleton editor and paintbrush for weights.

from my very little experience i know that for the shoulder area, the better solution is to place a very small bone in the joint area, so that it will have a small influence on the rest of the body.

just my 2 cents of euro.

vbk!!!
09 September 2003, 09:59 AM
Hello Shade01

This site could help you to rig and add morph to your model
2 plug "rotateskeleton" and "smartskin"

http://www.animationsnippets.com/index2.html

there's a tut to learn how to use it.

I haven't time actually but i hope these plug could help you

CGTalk Moderation
01 January 2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.