Free Class: Designing and Compositing a HUD (After Effects)
Dave Scotland has over 11 years production knowledge and experience, working for some of the biggest clients in the entertainment industry. These include Disney, Warner Bros, Plastic Wax and Liquid Animation. He started out as a 3D Animator and Technical Director, then moved into the world of Compositing, Digital Visual Effects and Motion Graphics.
Dave is bringing his 10 years of experience to you through KURV studios here FREE.
The purpose of this class is to familiarize students with the principles and processes involved in designing a Heads-Up-Display (HUD), through the use of graphical elements and motion graphics, composited onto a live background plate.
At the conclusion of the session, and with further practice, students will be able to;
• Perform a shot analysis and breakdown, based on a reference image, to ascertain the requirements of the final composited shot.
• Create a compositing project in After Effects utilizing the correct resolution and frame rates required for the shot.
• Correctly import the various, pre-tracked, plate footage into the project.
• Create the correct layer order within the composition including layer styles and adjustment layers.
• Design and create various graphical elements and motion graphics in the style of a HUD.
• Create nested pre-compositions for the purpose of change-friendly editing and industry best-practice operations.
• Incorporate various layer effects, layer colour adjustments, for the purpose of added realism.
• Add final adjustment layers to the master composition and send the composition to the After Effects renderer for final rendering.
Screen Capture Software, Pre-tracked plate footage files, Reference image for breakdown, Example After Effects file for students to follow Webinar (both start and finished files) and for practice task.
PRICE - SPACE:
This FREE class is limited to 900 viewers so don't delay, register now!
HOW TO REGISTER:
Click register, and fill out needed information. (https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/445606946)