View Full Version : Is "From the Groundup - Wave 1" still available at no charge?

Mahlon
01 January 2010, 04:37 PM
I'm just starting the path to enlightenment and beginning to learn Mudbox. Are Wayne's Wave 1 From the Groundup tutorials still available at no charge at the Area (I can't find them there)? Are they only available on DVD/download now?

I'm looking for free tutorials because I'll just be giving the 30 day trial a 'go' before deciding to purchase or not, and I'd like the best training to give me the best chance to love this software sweetly.

Thanks for your info.

Mahlon

EDIT: Never-ye-mind, I just found them there. Evidently "Ground Up" is not quite the same thing as "Groundup".

musashidan
01 January 2010, 09:35 PM
No, you have to purchase. When he first released them he did state that they would always remain free but i suppose every one needs to put bread on the table when it comes down to it. ;) He still does have plenty of free vids though. Plus, there isn't really much to learning mudbox as there are so few features.

Wayne's site. (http://www.mudboxhub.com/s/dvds)

Mahlon
02 February 2010, 05:19 PM
No, you have to purchase. When he first released them he did state that they would always remain free but i suppose every one needs to put bread on the table when it comes down to it. ;) He still does have plenty of free vids though. Plus, there isn't really much to learning mudbox as there are so few features.

I did eventually find them at the Area. Was using the wrong spelling in the search engine. So at least the first round is still available.

Mahlon

DarthWayne
02 February 2010, 11:46 AM

No that statement referred to the QuickStart videos (which are still free)...but if the hub is to remain in existance, it has to pay its way. I tried a donation system and I can count on one hand the donations that were made....MudWalker for example which has over 10 thousand downloads and has been used by some VERY big companies on some very big projects raised a total of....75.... that is why some stuff now costs money.

Wayne...

DanConnor
02 February 2010, 02:01 AM
I'm just starting with Mudbox, and am on 2010. I think these videos are 2009- is it close enough to still be useful?

robinb
02 February 2010, 12:45 PM
Yes, the differences are fairly minor really. 2010 fixed a lot of bugs and issues, but the workflow is pretty similar between the two versions so the videos are still relevant.

musashidan
02 February 2010, 04:14 PM
I'm just starting with Mudbox, and am on 2010. I think these videos are 2009- is it close enough to still be useful?

Yeah, Autodesk are drip feeding us new features on a yearly basis. Another 3 versions down the road and the 2009 vids will still be applicable. :scream:

CGTalk Moderation
02 February 2010, 04:14 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.