View Full Version : Newb to Mudbox, need help

Inous
01 January 2010, 05:36 PM
Hello all,

I just started using mudbox three days ago and have watched many tutorials and videos on how to use mudbox. I can't seem to find out how to change the overall look of the model. To be more specific how can I change the model so it doesn't look like clay? The clay look is great for sculpting but now I'm done and I would like to present my project, but a tree that looks like clay isn't very convincing... Anyway I would like to change my overall model to look more like wood rather then clay. Whats the easiest way to do this?

Thanks in advance,

Inous

oglu
01 January 2010, 09:45 AM
go to the paint tab and paint it like wood..?
http://area.autodesk.com/blogs/craig/the_tree_creating_surface_textures_tip

Inous
01 January 2010, 10:09 PM
Eh, I already knew how to do that, what I needed to do was export the Textures to Photoshop and take the AO texture and multiply them so the shadows showed on the main textures in photoshop. Then I imported them as a painting layer. right clicked on the background and hit flat lighting and it took away that shiny clay look.

Thanks for the URL, although I've already seen that particular tutorial.

Inous

Inous
01 January 2010, 10:11 PM
Actually I just needed to do some stuff in Photoshop, then right on the background and hit flat lighting.

But thanks anyway!

Inous

musashidan
01 January 2010, 03:01 AM
Also, take a look at sculpting with litsphere materials rather than basic material. It can feel alot nicer visually whilst sculpting.

CGTalk Moderation
01 January 2010, 03:01 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.