View Full Version : Character: Stitch from Milo&Stitch

Solace9
08 August 2003, 12:30 AM
http://solace9ca.tripod.com/

Program:
Lightwave 3D 7.5

This is my second day's spare time that i've put into this character.
Please, comment on the model's form and setup for animation deformation via bones [bones have not been added yet].

Once i get feedback on the model, i'll get to textureing.

Thnx!

L&R:
S9:Micah

clusterfuq
08 August 2003, 11:59 PM
i love that film so much, tho i think you mean lilo, not milo.

model is looking cool, tho hard to tell when he's not posed at all, to me his legs look a little long, but then again he's quite hunched in the film. you gonna be animating him, cos that would be fun!

make him an elvis suit too!

jscarr
08 August 2003, 01:42 AM
Hi Micah!

He's coming along... looks like a stylized version of the original. Cute interpretation!

I had to model him and a few other L&S characters - check out their approval sheets in the "3D" section: http://www.machine3d.com

It was really helpful for me to print out a bunch of reference shots and had them posted on the wall around the monitor -- makes it easy to refer to the source and accurately model.

Good luck!
-Joe

Solace9
08 August 2003, 05:12 AM
You really nailed the likeness of Stitch, Joe.
Thank you for sharing your work!
You reasearched your subject and it really shows.
In particulare, I really like your modeling of his hands and feet...
Do you have anywire frames?
I would love to take a look at those because, as is, i certainly cheated by simplifying them.

I was only working from a single image of him sitting down, looking cute. I haven't even seen the movie...
I didn't do my research and it really shows.
I've been schooled. :)

It's back to modeling for me. :)

Thnx guys!
:beer:

L&R,
S9: Micah

jscarr
08 August 2003, 05:40 AM
I wouldn't say schooled... heck, it was a job and we were given style books and tons of other stuff! ;)

Will dig up those wires for ya - may take a few days...

-j

Solace9
08 August 2003, 06:31 AM
Oh, nice, so they really went to work to give you the right resources then, very nice.

I look forward to seeing the wires. No worries about the time factor.

And, just so you know, i know alot of kids put a pessimistic spin on the expression "schooled", but for me, when i get shown great work that allows me to improve/learn, then i'm quite ecstatic, especially if the person is active in the industry.

:thumbsup:

L&R,
S9:Micah

KolbyJukes
09 September 2003, 12:03 AM
Nice stitch!

It's funny. Up until a week ago, I had never seen a 3d stitch, I love the character, so one day I say 'hey! I'll model it!' So, a day later, I'm done modelling. Then a couple of my friends find a hairy stitch on xsibase.com 's frontpage, now this one! He's become a popular 3d character it seems, here's a pic of mine (about 5 hours so far):
http://www.vfs.com/~3d44kol/Kolby%20Stitch.JPG
The main thing I gotta say is...watch the shape of the body/length of extremities. his lower body's shape/length bothers me somewhat, but you are interpreting the character, so...anything goes i suppose!

CGTalk Moderation
01 January 2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.