View Full Version : torn mask in maya or zbrush

nikyrocks
01 January 2010, 07:35 PM
for my character of deadpool i am looking for the effect where in his mask is torned off . I tried with the dynamics (ncloth) and many things on the net but no results and as i am new to zbrush i have still not explore the whole software so plz if anyone can help me in this regards it wil be of great help in my project work

Psyk0
01 January 2010, 08:09 PM
In zbrush:

-Mask out the area that you want to tear off
-Invert your mask
-Click the "hidePT" button under masking menu (or visibility if you are on R3)

nikyrocks
01 January 2010, 08:24 PM
thanks for ur reply but i tried to mask it in zbrush and inversed it but the reult i want is not the same. i have attached a img for reference i want something that sort of effect

musashidan
01 January 2010, 12:22 AM
thanks for ur reply but i tried to mask it in zbrush and inversed it but the reult i want is not the same. i have attached a img for reference i want something that sort of effect

You're not going to get the exact result you want straight from the mask.( although you could go in with a small brushsize and get close) You'll have to:
tweak,sculpt,tweak,sculpt.....move,tweak,clay,sculpt,tweak.....
not necessarily in that order :D

CGTalk Moderation
01 January 2010, 12:22 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.