On the flip-side, the place I really want to study is in Canada. My boyfriend lives there, I've been with him for nearly four years now, staying here for a degree would mean at least another two before I could leave. Not keen on that idea, though I'd have to pay anywhere else. Quite apart from him, it also looks like the courses are better over there (especially for the areas I'm interested in; Lighting, Texturing, and Visual Effects).
Basically I was wondering whether it'd be worth just waiting here, getting a more general degree in 3D Animation, then moving over there and trying to find work with that OR whether I should take out a loan and go over there to learn as soon as possible. Any thoughts?