View Full Version : playing with circles

Aleque
01 January 2010, 09:52 AM
Hello

I am trying to figure out a way, how to animate a Pie Diagram, but I can't seem to succeed. I have made a solid, then a circle. Then I have made another circle on the top of it, with the different color and changed the color of it. Then I tried to make a mask on the top of it, using a Pen Tool, slicing the "part of the cake" away and chosing Subtract in the mask. The problem is though that I can't find the exact center point of the circle, to snap to, and something tells me that there is a better way of doing this task.

Anyone has any ideas how to achieve this effect? To be exact, I want to animate the Pie Diagram the way, that you see a little slice (of the circle) that becomes bigger, then when it stops to grow, the slice slightly deattaches it self from the main circle so that there is a little space between. Then another slice starts to grow from the rest of the main circle, and does the same.

Help please

Mylenium
01 January 2010, 04:43 PM
Effect --> Transition --> Radial Wipe. all you will ever need for this

Mylenium

Aleque
01 January 2010, 05:14 PM
Effect --> Transition --> Radial Wipe. all you will ever need for this

Mylenium

Wow, thanks :) That is a pretty easy method. I have already spent an hour, or so, to make it manually with the masking (Pen Tool). Good to know there is an easier way for the future

CGTalk Moderation
01 January 2010, 05:14 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.