View Full Version : New Mooschool Showreel for 2010

mooschool
01 January 2010, 05:22 PM
Hello All,

Updated my reel and just wanted to get it out there so please wander over to my site when you get a chance and see what you think....

Mooschool Website (http://www.mooschool.co.uk/)

All work created using After Effects and Cinema 4D (with occasional help from you kind people on the C4D Forum).

Thanks
Nick

Ajouz
01 January 2010, 06:36 PM
looks great, congratulations for your success, "AXN commercial" looks really good, can you please tell us a little bit about the production of this spot, (software used, and how you achieved the frozen in time moment while moving the camera around)

Thanks and cheers

mooschool
01 January 2010, 10:41 PM
Hi Ajouz, thanks for replying.

Just in case you didn't see the link, you can see the whole AXN Commercial here (http://web.mac.com/lambieprods/iWeb/AXN%20Website/Home.html)

I created it using After Effects and Cinema 4D R10.1. The bedroom is a combination of projection mapped stills and actual 3D. If you do a search, I'm sure you'll find a better explanation of Projection Mapping than I can articulate but basically, in the case of the bed, it means projecting a still onto a simple 3D object, like a cube, so that the angles line up THEN use another camera to move around it. You can only move around it a little bit before you give the game away!
You can see from the photos on that website link above of the Schiaparelli Suite how much I built in 3D. The people are just stills but the bed and the suitcase are projection mapped, everything else is 3D. The cityscape is made up of 3 layers which I think I comped in After Effects in the end (this job's from Jan2009 so it's getting a bit hazy) - it was all getting too big in C4D - possibly with the help of Trapcode Horizon, certainly the sky used Trapcode Horizon. Then I used zBlur to get the depth of field passes and then the Frischluft plug-in to create the DoF in After Effects. Plus a bit of Trapcode Particular dust for good measure. Oh, don't know if you noticed this but actually some of the shots of people aren't stills -they're stills that I warped a bit with the puppet tool in AE before using them in C4D - just to give a bit of movement.
The renders were horrendous sometimes because of having to keep the AA on high settings.
Sorry, I've rambled that off a bit so I'll stop there - but let me know if you have any specific questions.
Cheers
Nick

Silverwing
01 January 2010, 12:38 PM
Wow I really like your reel. Great work. I love those freeze frame shots but all the other things in your reel looked great too. Really slick editing to the music too. I liked watching it!

Keep it up. Very well done!

Cheers Silverwing

mooschool
01 January 2010, 10:01 PM
Thanks Silverwing, much appreciated!

CGTalk Moderation
01 January 2010, 10:01 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.