View Full Version : Character: Seraphim (1024)

08 August 2003, 07:14 AM
Hey guys, this is really a fixup of an old painting of mine. I could refine it more I guess, but dunno if I'll have time. Comments and crits are always warmly welcomed. :]

Silver trumpets echo clear
In chambered halls where Seraphim
Wake from a dream of endless years
And rise with woven wings
Of golden light turned amber
In the changing sun a view
Of such transcendent might
That molten clouds of every hue
Rise up and hear the Angels sing
That Lo and see, the day’s begun.

08 August 2003, 05:09 PM
Right of the bat the colors and the mood are kick-arse.

Some crits tho; His arms and pecs seem uneven... I'm unsure of the brighter stroke under his knee... and the lack of genitals showing disturbs me, was it your intention?

08 August 2003, 05:43 PM
Ah yes, thanks for the crits! Lemme clear it up right away as far as my intentions - there are no reproductive parts, because this a creature far removed from being human, merely wearing the basic form of a human.

08 August 2003, 08:29 PM
I think this looks great and has a very well chosen pose and good anatomy...having said that...

I'd still say that what it lacks is the play of values.

I mean the amount of balance between light and dark values...the dark ones seems to have been given a skip...If the light sources are so strong...there're bound to be strong shadows which will give rise to strong play of tone and accent.

Just a thought I guess it should add to the appeal.:)

CGTalk Moderation
01 January 2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.