View Full Version : Davids Plugin update!!

mix
08 August 2003, 09:50 AM
http://www.davidikeda.com/

The new cut tool is just what the doctor ordered.:applause:

allaboutkeys
08 August 2003, 11:31 AM
Cool! Thanks for the tip! :thumbsup:

Bytehawk
08 August 2003, 11:47 AM
those are really kewl toys

What I really would appreciate is someone explaining how and when to use these tools best - like a little tutorial or something

Joviex
08 August 2003, 12:01 PM
WOW! That new cut tool freaking rocks! These tools are what should be LW's main toolset.

evenflcw
08 August 2003, 12:16 PM
Yep, replaces pretty much all simular tools I had set up in my menues. It does it all! The way it's able to terminate the cuts and keep it all in quads is just awsome! And being able to create your own presets is great too.

Facial Deluxe
08 August 2003, 12:47 PM
Wow ! installed them and tried the tools :

That's freakin' AWESOME ! Everybody should have them ! The average normal Translate is something I've been dreaming for ages !
The Cut tool is so powerfull....

Really, everyone should have these tools in their modeler.
NOT HAVING THEM IS LOOSING TIME (& money)

That's very good to see coders with such a comprehensive of LW user needs :)

Can't believe it's free....

isnowboard
08 August 2003, 12:48 PM
Absolute workflow boosters. And they are free. Thank you David.

anieves
08 August 2003, 01:18 PM
sweet!

Robsi
08 August 2003, 01:19 PM
The new cut tool is awesome, very, very coool!!!:thumbsup:

These are some of the new modeler tools of LW8 we are all waiting for.:applause:

Thank you so much!! :love:

Robert

Miyazaki
08 August 2003, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Robsi
The new cut tool is awesome, very, very coool!!!:thumbsup:

These are some of the new modeler tools of LW8 we are all waiting for.:applause:

Thank you so much!! :love:

Robert
I agree, the tools are awesome !

aurora
08 August 2003, 03:16 PM
I admit it I'm one of those that download a gazillion pluggins a week, I even unzip a few of them but rarely ever actually add them in let alone use them. Davids however I have used and used and abused. These ARE must have pluggins!!!!

melchior_
08 August 2003, 04:06 PM
Using Di2 config causes lightwave to crash, anyone else have this problem?
It just crashes when cyclling through the tabs. Don't try this with a model though cuz when i reopened the file a bit of geometry was messed up.
edit: ok, it only happens when I switch from the Supershift tab to the Make Poly tab.

evenflcw
08 August 2003, 04:11 PM
The tabs are quite slow here, but they work, and no crashing as of yet, just like 10 sec waits sometimes.

melchior_
08 August 2003, 04:15 PM
hmm.. yes you're right. Takes about 10 seconds to update, doesn't crash. Oops. Strange, since going from other tabs is instantaneous. No biggie, these plugins are still awesomeee :love:

KillMe
08 August 2003, 06:46 PM
awesome stuff:thumbsup:

when you see people producing stuff liek this you got to wonder why newtek doesn't do stuff like this

nice to make poly sticking to point mode

thinking on newtek they should have some guy that once a month asks what plugin do we want done on a poll then the winner of the poll gets made that would be awesome customer support =)

CB_3D
08 August 2003, 01:30 AM
Actually i am happy enough about the fact that the current architecture already allows the making of such plugs! Quite fantastic stuff.

I donīt care if it comes from Newtek or 3rd party.

roguenroll
08 August 2003, 06:47 AM
:thumbsup: wow, nice stuff, the updates are coming, seems like every other day.

R

LyonHaert
08 August 2003, 04:49 AM
actually, it happens when you switch from the Super Shift tab to any other tab for me, and something seems off about the drop-boxes on the Super Shift tab. i'm wondering if a bug is affecting the UI redraw.

has anybody noticed that di2 Translate doesn't work on UV verts contextually like the native Move tool does?

Joviex
08 August 2003, 09:45 AM
Found an issue :)

When using the tools, there are no icons.

BUT, big problem, using the move tool doesn't actually move points on a UV texture, but does move them when working in a UV texture window in the other viewports ... .oops.

evan
08 August 2003, 10:26 AM
I would just like to say a big thanks to the author of this plugin. Awesome tools. I hav'nt played enough to find any real "bugs" but sofar Im very happy with the added features to LW's modeling tools. Many of these features I've been praying for for some time. So thanks! :thumbsup:

isnowboard
08 August 2003, 10:56 AM
You might want to reupdate. Download Beta 4.25 is out and David's fixed a bunch of bugs etc.

coremi
08 August 2003, 03:06 PM
if i use Extender and than try to select the points or polys created with extender the modeler shuts down. not every time but very very often...

KillMe
08 August 2003, 03:20 PM
yeah i noticed the issues with translate in teh uv window too - shame really i hadreplaced the normal move tool with it but now have ot go back to the old one - if this tools worked in the uv window and hada little icon it would be truely awesome

CB_3D
08 August 2003, 06:02 PM
What do people refer to as icon?? LW has no icons.
You mean the button?:shrug:

Mike RB
08 August 2003, 06:13 PM
the mouse icon changes with each tool usually.

Mike

Joviex
08 August 2003, 05:30 AM
Originally posted by isnowboard
You might want to reupdate. Download Beta 4.25 is out and David's fixed a bunch of bugs etc.

Thanks, but I am on the site everyday looking for updates (as is the current trend) and the translate is still broken as of 4.25.

I sent him a mail, hopefully he can fix it. I would hate to have to use the old LW move tool, just made for a faster workflow.

LyonHaert
08 August 2003, 09:44 AM
di2 Translate is NOT broken. he just hasn't included the UV context yet. i e-mailed him about it a few days after the Beta 3 release, when i first noticed it.

i only have cause to use the Move Tool on UV maps when i need to rearrange coherent sections for better spacing/layout, or generally align sections. otherwise i'm just tweaking points with the Drag Tool. so for now, di2 Translate is my main translation tool, but i stuck the Move Tool in with all the other UV tools, and renamed it UV Move.

CGTalk Moderation
01 January 2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.