View Full Version : render help~!

yuchenpan
08 August 2003, 08:39 AM
please have a look at my speaker below then you can see those unpleasant scan lines running through the image, i tried to adjust every render settings but it's still exist, i was thinking maybe it's due to the render segment thing, i am not sure. please help me on this thanks!

Ayreon
08 August 2003, 08:47 AM
Could be the render segments. Are you using shading noise reduction? If so it's best to try to render in one segment, because the shading noise reduction can cause the scanlines like in your picture.

Ayreon

yuchenpan
08 August 2003, 09:52 AM
thanks ayeon, but how do you change to render in one segment only? somehow i could not find it in the render option.
PS; i use shading noise reduction but the line still there when i it turned off

Ayreon
08 August 2003, 09:57 AM
If you want to change your segment valua, go into your camera properties. There's a button labeled Segment Memory limit. Increase that and Lightwave will render in less segments. I've set mine to 160, but you can adjust it to your liking.
Hope the line will disappear when you render in one segment. Don't know any other sollution. Good luck!

Ayreon

yuchenpan
08 August 2003, 10:35 AM
yep turns out perfectly thanks man!

CGTalk Moderation
01 January 2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.