View Full Version : "V" is back!

ab12ton
12 December 2009, 04:46 PM
Remember the 84's Sci-Fi Series "V"? ABC is bringing back the lizard-alien mini-series. Below is a link to the first Part of a large Interview with Andrew Orloff, Zoic Studios Creative Director and VFX Supervisor. Enjoy!

http://s2.imgimg.de/uploads/V09MK00052a87b0e8jpg.jpg (http://bit.ly/8uaPtw)

wolfmanyoda
12 December 2009, 10:57 PM
So you didn't watch the first 4 episodes that already aired? Maybe they only aired here in the States.
They were ok episodes, I don't think they are showing any more until March.

ab12ton
12 December 2009, 12:01 AM
The reason for my post is the Interview which is a fresh new one ;)
The link above goes to the first part, the other parts will be published in the next days I guess.

davius
12 December 2009, 02:53 AM
When I saw "V is back" I first thought it was V for Vendetta. Never seen this series but liked the image showing Rio. The phrase "Vai com Deus" stands for "Go with God", if someone got curious.

JoshBowman
12 December 2009, 03:02 AM
When I saw "V is back" I first thought it was V for Vendetta.

Yeah that's what I was thinking too :)

lovedebri
12 December 2009, 11:34 PM
It is funny, actually I thought "V for victory" the alien-lizards series of 80's was more popular than "V for Vendetta" the cult comic by Alan Moore from the eighties aswell, I like both of them but probably a series about "V for Vendetta" couldt be as as good as the comic.

Just to say I can remember "V for victory" appeared some years before "V for Vendetta", Im a little old already!

MugenTsukiyomi
12 December 2009, 01:38 AM
When I saw the title of this thread, I thought it was v for vendetta. I seen the trailer for V and it look interesting. I meant check it out.

kelgy
12 December 2009, 01:43 AM
Yeah I remember V was a major tv event back in the day-especially the first mini series.

ArtOfSoulburn
12 December 2009, 02:25 AM
Yeah I remember V was a major tv event back in the day-especially the first mini series.

I think this thread title is a good method for dividing cgtalk into two categories, those born in the 70s and before, and those born in the 80s-90s :)

- Neil

PS: V for Victory all the way. The effects are a bit cheesy, but I highly recommend the 80s original mini-series. It's a really well told story. Haven't seen the new series yet, but I can't imagine it being better than the original.

Strang
12 December 2009, 05:09 AM
I think this thread title is a good method for dividing cgtalk into two categories, those born in the 70s and before, and those born in the 80s-90s

i see what your saying neil, but some kids born in the 80s had cool ass parents that bought them the V mini-series on vhs...

v for victory!

ArtOfSoulburn
12 December 2009, 05:28 AM
haha! That's such a touching family moment, I may cry... :)

- Neil

philnolan3d
12 December 2009, 09:45 AM
Always happy to see mentioned of LightWave in interviews.

CGTalk Moderation
12 December 2009, 09:45 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.