View Full Version : Displacement without UV set???

12 December 2009, 08:43 PM
So I have a high resolution model that I have retopologized, and now I need to create the displacement from the high res. to the lower one. But, I don't have a UV set for the High Res model. That is to say, I didn't UV map the base mesh that I used for sculpting the high res. What do I need to do to to create a displacement map of the high res mesh?

Using Maya and Mudbox

12 December 2009, 10:45 PM
typically to do any type of render to texture type map (normal, displacement) in that mannor, the low poly model that it will be baked too needs to be unwrapped.

CGTalk Moderation
12 December 2009, 10:45 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.