View Full Version : Gollum

chuchon17
08 August 2003, 07:39 PM
Hi, lordoftherings.net posted new posters:applause: , one of then is of Gollum, Do you see him a little better??? bye

http://www.lordoftherings.net/index_rotk_teaser.html?gollum

???
08 August 2003, 07:50 PM
I cant wait for mthe release of the DVD this august the 26th

MaTaDoR
08 August 2003, 07:53 PM
word of advice, dont get this DVD release.....

the one you really wanna get is the november "special edition" 4 disc set.. I unfortunately picked this first copy up about a week ago at a local store and was not totally (cause I love the movie) but somewhat dissapointed..

the best documentaries in the whole thing are already online and that includes about 4 mins of gollum talk...

Zeio
08 August 2003, 08:13 PM
But for a lot of us, we dont want to wait until November :) Plus, whats another LOTR item on my shelf. I'll support quality films as long as they keep coming.

-Zeio

NiPeR
08 August 2003, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by MaTaDoR
word of advice, dont get this DVD release.....

the one you really wanna get is the november "special edition" 4 disc set.

Why not buy both of´em?

I did that last year and I will do that this year too. Can´t wait till november.

leigh
08 August 2003, 11:23 PM
I'm going to buy both too :)

I bought both FOTR releases - they had different documentaries on them anyway.

Plus I'm a really obsessed fan who HAS TO HAVE EVERYTHING :argh:

erilaz
08 August 2003, 06:04 AM
I'm a friend of an obsessed fan, so I can just go over to his place and watch his edition until the collectors edition comes out.:D

twidup
08 August 2003, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by Leigh
I'm going to buy both too :)

I bought both FOTR releases - they had different documentaries on them anyway.

Plus I'm a really obsessed fan who HAS TO HAVE EVERYTHING :argh:

hehehe, hey Leigh, I just bought a couple replica swords ;) ...you should get a copy of Sting

???
08 August 2003, 08:33 AM
What's the difference if i buy the first DVD ? will i get cuted scenes ? badly dubed ? low quality pictures ? less documentairy ??? i need to know... i dont wanna waste 2,479 yens for it.

Plus, does the translation will be in spanish and english ?

BTW: damn twidup those replica swords are expencove ass hell ! 600$ each ! :surprised your rich.

Bilbo_Baggins
08 August 2003, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by ???
What's the difference if i buy the first DVD ? will i get cuted scenes ? badly dubed ? low quality pictures ? less documentairy ??? i need to know... i dont wanna waste 2,479 yens for it.
I'm copying this off www.theonering.net.

The Lord of The Rings: The Two Towers - Special Extended Addition
FEATURE (approx. 214 minutes)
A new version of the second installment in the epic trilogy! The film includes over 40 minutes of never-before-seen footage incorporated into the film, made especially for this video release.

Dolby Digital EX 5.1 Surround Sound

DTS ES 6.1 Surround Sound

Stereo Surround Sound

Four audio commentaries by director and writers, the design team the production team and the cast featuring more than 30 participants including Peter Jackson, Elijah Wood, Sean Astin, Orlando Bloom and Academy Award® winners Richard Taylor, Howard Shore, Randy Cook…and many more

So.. you get more extras and added scenes that they couldn't fit into the theater version of TTT.

I'm personally going to wait. I think it would be ridiculous to pay for 2 versions of the same movie. But hey.. if you are a hardcore movie fan then go for it. I'm only a hardcore book fan. :)

Valkyrien
08 August 2003, 09:26 AM
buy both! even though v1 won't have as many special features, or probably even a DTS track, it'll have the movie we've seen and want to see again at least until the better version comes out, and the special features, while not being the same, are different:) For instance, Sean Astin's little film is on the v1, while it's not listed for the v2 release;)

problem i had with Fellowship v1 was that the docs all pretty much used the same footage...got kind of boring by the fifth one. hope it won't be the same for towers v1;)

Valkyrien
08 August 2003, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by ???

BTW: damn twidup those replica swords are expencove ass hell ! 600$ each ! :surprised your rich.

check out: www.kultofathena.com

that a little better?:) Glamdring's only $180 or so, and let's be honest, who wouldn't want a sword with a hilt wrapped in BLUE LEATHER:eek:

twidup
08 August 2003, 09:43 AM
yeah, if you look around, you can get a good deal. I just gotta figure out how I am gonna ship these back to the US.

Valkyrien
08 August 2003, 10:47 AM
taking a weapon into the US...good luck!;)

MaTaDoR
08 August 2003, 03:09 PM
I might of judged this thing a bit too quick :)

the made-for-tv documentaries or specials are pretty good after all (they are usually sorta lame) so if you are a fan of the film go out there and get this thing the 26 and support the great work!

clusterfuq
08 August 2003, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by ???
I cant wait for mthe release of the DVD this august the 26th

MUHAHAHAHA!!

sometimes (and i MEAN sometimes) working at blockbuster pays off!!!:applause:

Valkyrien
08 August 2003, 10:00 PM
I remember this one time, it was 2 days before Episode I hit shelves. i walked into Blockbuster, and right behind the counter were all the copies of the tapes....I looked at all those tapes and was like "there's no way in hell they're going to need all those anyway, if it weren't for the cameras someone could just take one off the top...

CGTalk Moderation
01 January 2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.