Seems I have a problem I can't resolve. Trying to render displacement in Maya 2010 with very limited luck.
- Base mesh (cleaned , uv, frozen etc etc) > ZB
- Zb 3.5 Sculpt .. say 4 div.
- Step geo back down to div 0 and export back to maya
- Export 32bit 3 channel flipped v tif subpix 4
- Maya... import geo, soften normals, disable feature displacemnt ,del history and apply MR approximation node
- Enable tiffloat plugin, build shader network with disp map, file texure, alpha = lum, alpha gain + offset 1/2
nothing really.... blank displacement (ie.. if I intentially adjust alpha settings it is doing some displacement)
enable feature disp on geo again... I get results! but tesselation is poor. disable feature disp, I still get same results. MR Approximation node changes has NO effect!
I even tried getting this output.. nothing usable.
Anybody else having issues?