View Full Version : What passes are these?

11 November 2009, 05:14 PM
I found the fantastic portfolio site of 'Hosuk Chang' yesterday and was looking at a rendering study he's done.

Could anyone tell me what a few of these passes are as I'm unsure?

the ones I'm unsure about are...

The first green/yellow pass.

the fifth orange/yellow pass

and the blue pass ( this looks like it could be an AO pass)

Any ideas? :lightbulb



11 November 2009, 09:44 PM
there probably not anything in particular, they look like arbitrary passes derived from something like an sss shader and the red and blue channels removed, these are not always for an exact effect but get used as layer masks to gain control over separate parts of the object, that green pass can be used as a specular mask to derive different righting from screen right and so on.

CGTalk Moderation
11 November 2009, 09:44 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.