LC #42 Pipers Alley

View Full Version : Help with Color Stabilization for a time lapsed video

10-31-2009, 05:01 PM
Hello, i need help, i hope im in the right forum, My problem is that i have a time lapsed video of the clouds of my city and the color and iluminacion changes and feels like an annoying vivracion, i have tried with the color match of after effects but i doesn't help, and i am familiar with fusion too, any tip or software i could try to resolve this.

Thanks a lot

11-02-2009, 10:43 PM
There is not really an automated way to do this. You will probably have to color correct frame by frame. Or at least animate the color correction over time...

11-03-2009, 04:15 AM
I've been discussing this very topic with one of Blender's coders, Bob Holcomb, and have an experimental build with a Levels node that I use in a compositing noodle to match the adjustment of an image with a reference color/image. It provides the mean and standard deviation of the brightness of an image (or channel). I think that is what you are looking for. Let me know if you want it and I can post it on my site for you to use.

CGTalk Moderation
11-03-2009, 04:15 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.