View Full Version : How To Fill In A Nurbs Circle?

damage inc
10 October 2009, 03:33 AM
I have two nurbs circles that I lofted to make a cylinder-like object. I want to close off or fill in one end of the object. How do I do that? I'm not a modeler so I may need more info if it requires a complicated procedure.

Thanks.

FirechameleoN
10 October 2009, 05:15 AM
in maya. u can select a circle and do surfaces>planar... for this, the circle needs to be perfectly flat though...... if that doesn't work, try cutting that circle into two pieces and then loft them....

damage inc
10 October 2009, 05:58 AM
Thank Fire. I used surfaces->planar for some of them and it worked. I also need to do it for ones that are curved though. How do I cut those circles in half without ruining the shape?

FirechameleoN
10 October 2009, 07:41 AM
i haven't done nurbs modelling in quite a while, but i think there are a few tool that'll help u cut curves. i can think of two right now..

edit curves> detach curve and edit curve> cut curve.

hope that helps..

edit...

page 1 tells u about detach curve and page 2 tells u about cut curve..

http://www.awn.com/articles/tutorials/imaya-2008-character-modeling-and-animationi-nurbs-curve-editing/page/1%2C1

CGTalk Moderation
10 October 2009, 07:41 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.