View Full Version : how to change video and audio bitrate in after effects CS4?

mister3d
10 October 2009, 08:13 AM
Hi guys, I need to change audio and video bitrate in AE CS4, and have no clue how to make it... it's for TV, and they have some strict askings:
audio quality 1536 kilobit\sec
audio size 16 bit
audio format PCM
framerate 23~25max
data transfer speed 29631 kilobit\sec

Please help.

Tagger
10 October 2009, 08:40 AM
use compression apps for that, like seurenson, cleaner, compressor, ...
you'll never get a decent result out of AE

mister3d
10 October 2009, 08:50 AM
use compression apps for that, like seurenson, cleaner, compressor, ...
you'll never get a decent result out of AE
Thank you Tagger... but I can't find any of those programs you're talking about. Are they for mac? Is it possible to make in adobe premiere? I work under windows.

scrimski
10 October 2009, 09:04 AM
Compressor is Mac only and comes bundled with Final Cut. Sorensen is Mac and PC, quite expensive for a stand-alone and I everybody I know using this purchased it bundled with Avid's Media Composer. You may also try Quicktime Pro, has a lot less features than the above mentioned but is only 29$.

Super (C) is freeware, I remember a sticky either in the comp/editing or After Effetcs Forum with a few more links and a short encoding guide.

You may also render uncompressed and then encode that uncompressed output in After Effects. I do know that it's not recommended, but it's better than nothing. Settings can be adjusted in the render output menu in the render list(reading the manual helps).

mister3d
10 October 2009, 09:21 AM
That's pretty much what I needed to know, thanks Scrimski!

TomThumb
10 October 2009, 12:39 AM
What about TMpeg?

http://www.tmpgenc.net/

CGTalk Moderation
10 October 2009, 12:39 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.