View Full Version : Pen Tablet Offset on certain tools

RafaPolit
10 October 2009, 06:09 AM
Friends,

Its been a long time since I last wrote here! I have downloaded the trial version of Mudbox to test if I like it better than ZBrush, and I have encountered a weird phenomenon.

I use a Genius MousePen 8 x 6 which works perfectly in Photoshop and ZBrush. On Mudbox though, certain tools, like the basic sculpt tool show the cursor on the right place, but when I push the pen down, the visual representation follows the pen correctly, but the effects appear offset to where the cursor is. The offset is about one inch when in single monitor mode, but when I'm running two monitors, this offset is so huge I cannot actually work on the model. On the regular Head primitive, a tap on the left shoulder sculpts the forehead (when zoom has the forehead almost disappearing on top and the shoulder barely touching the bottom part, so about 5 inches or more!).

Has anyone had this happen to them and hopefully found a solution to it? I really like the software, but this kind of issue would be a deal breaker! :(

Thanks a lot!
Rafa.

Locutus
10 October 2009, 07:40 PM
Try turning off Stamp Spacing.

danielr9
10 October 2009, 01:08 AM
I've been having the same problems, but asLocutus said, stamp spacing fixed the problem

CGTalk Moderation
10 October 2009, 01:08 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.