View Full Version : Crimestoppers TV :60

anim8tr
10 October 2009, 10:19 PM
Hey all,

I rarely post finished stuff or WIP for that matter. I'm mostly a reader and not a poster per se. We (my colleague and I) just completed a spot that had some extensive compositing and VFX that were turned around in a short amount of time and I thought it would be cool to share it with all of you.

It's mostly a VFX spot, with some CG thrown in for the "money shot", so I know it's not totally digital animation. I apologize if this is the wrong area and if there is another forum better suited to post in, let me know.

A little background. We shot the spot on the RED cam in 1 night. The bullet sequence was put together in about 2 days (thanks to Andrew Kramer's tutorial) with some further exploration of the technique. The bullet hits on and in the house - along with color grading, sound design were completed on the 3rd day. Budget was under $4k, and 4 days worth of work. It was a heap of fun to work on.

Would really like to see what you guys think. Feedback, comments, critiques.

Crimestoppers TV (http://www.vimeo.com/6954817)

Regards,
Ian

anthonymcgrath
10 October 2009, 09:30 PM
nicely shot piece of work mate - well done to you and your team :) My only small gripe is the final graphic which feels so bolted on - especially after seeing that nice graphic on the road - I was expecting something very similar but I understand the nature of tv graphics and its communication needs having done it an awful lot in the past myself :thumbsup:

anim8tr
10 October 2009, 02:38 AM
Thank you for your comments.

I agree with the the feeling of it being "bolted" on. Sometimes, they (the client) just wants their sig/logo to be huge and easily visible. We were getting down to the wire, so simple sometimes is the best solution for the moment.

Thanks again.

CGTalk Moderation
10 October 2009, 02:38 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.