Game: A project called Ignite. Ignite is a 3D fighting game similar to the Tekken series.
- An enthusiast of fighting games.
- A patient, committed, and responsible team player.
- Experience with Max or any other professional modeling/animating applications.
- Experience with skeleton animation and vertex weighting.
- Experience with skinning/texturing.
- Located in Southern California.
- Original character designing.
- Deep understanding of fighting games.
What to expect:
- A fully playable "skeleton" game.
- Working editors for the game.
- Experience in game development.
- Your own fighting game.
- Maybe make an entry to IGF next year???
What not to expect:
- A legit company.
- A publishing deal.
- The next "Dead or Alive 3".
Basically, I already have a 3D fighting game engine ready with the necessary tools. I just need more textured fighters with moves. The engine itself is somewhat flexible that it could be a 2.5D fighting game like "Street Fighter EX". It'd be cool to make it into a combo-heavy "Marvel Vs. Capcom 2" game as well. It's upto the team members. Even though the purpose is to have fun and gain experience, I take this project very seriously.
The game information could be found at:
I removed the downloads because I don't want to exceed the Geocities download limit, but check out the screenshots. However, if you are interested, I'll send you the game itself after I review your work. To apply, send email to:
As for me, I'm a full-time programmer at a non-gaming industry. Ignite is my part-time project. If I feel that I need additional programmers, I post another wanted ad later.
I'm making this post to Gamedev, Polycount, CG Talk, and 3D Buzz forums. If you know any other forums that I could make post to, let me know.