View Full Version : Will paint no more!

Tombob
10 October 2009, 02:11 PM
i was working on a model i made, after a while playing with its texture it suddenly decided to stop painting on my model.
did nothing special that could cause it, had no problem prior to that.
and sculpting still works, all other tools i played with to see whats wrong still work fine.
it just wont apply any changes to the diffuse channel on any one object in my scene,
i did see if i am om the right layer, tool, and channel, cant see whats wrong since i dont even get an error message.

PLEASE HEALP ME :argh:

musashidan
10 October 2009, 04:39 PM
have you tried deleting the diffuse layer and reimporting the texture on a new diffuse layer?

Tombob
10 October 2009, 02:39 AM
its not on any specific layer in the scene, all object cant be painted on anymore

M@Ti
10 October 2009, 04:38 PM
Maybe your object is locked? You could press shift+f accidentally.

Tombob
10 October 2009, 03:49 AM
Still nothing...
could a file get bugged like that?

M@Ti
10 October 2009, 08:10 AM
Try to create a new primitive object and test it. You can also reimport all objects into a new scene with higher subdivisions as a layer - maybe it will help.
Btw. did you check your UVs on higher levels? If it's not proper, you can recreate level UVs.

InfernalDarkness
10 October 2009, 06:02 AM
I just had the same problem. Everything else appears to be working, but I can no longer paint on models. I get some weird texturing artifact reminiscent of a video game gone awry, but no visible texture painting. This is on a Geforce; gonna test it tomorrow on my other computer which has a Quadro and see if the same scene is paintable.

oglu
10 October 2009, 06:53 AM
have you used the shortcut for texture hide... the "up" arrow and "left" arrow..?

Tombob
10 October 2009, 12:05 PM
i too have nvidia (8800 gt) thinking about buying a new quadro card,
please post your results, most appreciated.

CGTalk Moderation
10 October 2009, 12:05 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.