XM Magdalena 3D print, GGeorgy (3D)
LC #42 Pipers Alley

View Full Version : Best photogrammetry modeling package? (ie 3d from photos)

09-23-2009, 05:06 PM
I've been intermittently using image modeler for a while now, and I don't know if it's getting worse, but I just tried to model a box, with the best photos I could take, and it failed.
Let alone what I'm actually trying to use it for.

What's the best package available at the moment? Doing a quick search there seems to be quite a few on the market.

I'm looking for something fairly capable of getting a good reliable solution, particularly on curved surfaces.

10-01-2009, 10:47 PM
did you try sketch up already ?

10-05-2009, 02:23 AM
My problem is I don't seem to find any software except from PhotoModeler Scanner ( using it for 3 days and I cant get a good result ) any other software you've found ?

10-05-2009, 11:36 AM
I had a quick look at Sketchup and a few plugins for it, they look more suited to architecture and other box based objects.

I did find this tho
Which looks ideal for what I'm doing except you have to print off and attach custom markers. Not that that's the end of the world...

CGTalk Moderation
10-05-2009, 11:36 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.