XM Magdalena 3D print, GGeorgy (3D)
LC #42 Pipers Alley

View Full Version : vray compositing, how to get floor reflection as alpha? (help needed,images included)

09-20-2009, 12:36 AM
this problem is hard to explain so i did an image, basically i have a scene with glass standing on a gray reflective floor and i need to composite it so that the glass reflection on the floor is visible.

Mr. Glass
09-22-2009, 12:53 AM
I'm actually looking for the exact same thing. If there's anybody out there that has a fix or a work around, please speak up. If this has already been covered, I apologize, and could you post a link to the thread where this has been addressed? Thanks.

09-22-2009, 02:25 PM
why dont you have a separate pass where you simply reflect the white glass in the ground, then you'll get the results you need.

im no max user so I can't help with the specifics but it should be easy enough.

09-23-2009, 08:08 AM
The nice thing about Photoshop's 'soft light' and 'overlay' blend modes is they make 50% gray disappear. Brighter colors brighten, and darker colors darken.

Try that as an ingredient. (You'll still need to finesse and layer, but it may start you off)

Reflections on black can use the screen blend mode.

CGTalk Moderation
09-23-2009, 08:08 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.