View Full Version : what editor/ compositor to use after batch render?

UGG
09 September 2009, 01:51 PM
I have batch rendered a camera shot from my final animation but wish to render more camera shots of the scene&then view & edit these & place in order to create a final film. is there a way of editing & puting final renders in order in the program maya ( i know that u can view them in fcheck) or do you have to use a seperate compositing/ editing program, I have used adobe premier in the past, but what editing programs are relavent to maya? any advice would be great ta :) (http://www.shakeforum.com/)

sundialsvc4
09 September 2009, 03:21 AM
I use Final Cut.

I just do.

Here is the general workflow... worth only "it works for me."

The CG app is first used to make "animatics." These are more than hand-drawn pics (good, because I can't draw...); they're stand-ins for the final shots. But I really don't know, at this point, what the final shots will be! So, I "crank out a whole lot of 'film' very quickly," then turn off the 3D program and "cut it all together," or try to. :curious: The "final cut" is actually made now. This tells me what slices of what shots will actually be used. Only those are subject to breakdown and pass-by-pass assembly into final footage. ("From shot 11.81 I need frames 104-267, 579-863...") The complete or partly-complete shots replace the animatics, one by one.
You just need a good, workable, video editing program that will do what you need it to do and that you've really taken the time to properly learn how to use.

CGTalk Moderation
09 September 2009, 03:21 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.