View Full Version : Online International Accreditation

09 September 2009, 08:32 AM
Hi All

Okay, i'm looking to do an Online course because i want an international accreditiation which there are non of where i am.

I know that animation mentor does offer a recognised accredititation once you have completed the whole course.

I am in the industry and would just like to try get overseas to try the market there as it is very small here. My only problem thus far i can't get over because the Diploma i did is not recognised.

I love character work so ideally that is where i would like to stay.
My modelling is good and i really enjoy lighting although no one really gets in to Mental Ray here.

As i would also have to be working, studying and paying for the course i'm concerned that keeping up with the course might be a problem.

So all i really need is some accreditation at least a Diploma that would be recognised internationally.

Any help guidence would be appreciated.

09 September 2009, 10:46 AM
Why not consider getting some kind of regular art degree back there in SA? It's likely to cost you less than studying internationally, and gives you an accredited qualification that could potentially help with emigrating.

My only problem thus far i can't get over because the Diploma i did is not recognised.

Which country was this? The States? Bear in mind that there are other ways of fulfilling their immigration requirements, such as a demonstration of extraordinary talent or a lot of experience in your field (which you may already have).

09 September 2009, 07:56 AM
Thanks Leigh, i'll look into that.

I was looking at going to New Zealand, So what you're saying is look at doing maybe a art degree, fine arts or you think acting would work for a character animator?

I'll have to look up what is offered as i would want to do a corespondance course, working full time doesn't really permit me to go to lectures.

09 September 2009, 10:28 AM
You don't necessarily need a degree to go to NZ. It helps, but it's not essential. I have a couple of friends who have gone and lived and worked there who do not have degrees. If you have a job offer, you should be able to get in, provided you have a couple of years experience in your field.

I really don't know what to recommend in terms of qualifying for animation though, to be honest, although I'm doubtful that acting would qualify in terms of immigrations. In the end, it's up to you. You should get in touch with an emigration agency and speak with them about your options.

09 September 2009, 04:47 PM
i m interested to study medicine in russia. how to see standard of college?

09 September 2009, 09:18 AM
i'll have to check again with an agent but as far as i can remember because i don't have any family there they can't help me get it unless i have a recognised qulification or i get sponsoured by a company.

09 September 2009, 10:16 AM
Then get sponsored by a company. That's actually pretty standard procedure.

10 October 2009, 08:35 AM
Thanks for the link, i'm busy looking at it now.
As for the sponsor looks like i'm going to have to make a plan in getting over there and showing what i can do.

Need to get a ticket together and go visit some friends there.

CGTalk Moderation
10 October 2009, 08:35 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.