View Full Version : Mud with Snow Leopard

kiwi
08 August 2009, 01:12 AM
Will Mud 2009 play nice with Snow Leopard?

Also on Mac machines how do you make sure Mud is getting all the memory you can address to it.?....or is it done automatically?

cgbeige
08 August 2009, 01:24 AM
it's done automatically. Mudbox 2010 doesn't play nice with 10.6 and Nvidia cards though. I filed bug reports a while ago during beta testing but there are issues with Maya too so I think it's not a simple Autodesk fix

edit: sorry, I just saw that you are talking about MB 2009. I just tried it and it seems to work fine and the stencil painting bug that 2010 has isn't there.

kiwi
09 September 2009, 07:11 AM
Ah excellent thanks cgbeige

I just bought CS4 {PS} to play nice with SL you see,which I thought left me in dire straits to use Mud,but if Mud 09 plays nice with SL that is brilliant.

You just made my day :D

HiTekJeff
09 September 2009, 01:46 PM
Will Mud 2009 play nice with Snow Leopard?

Also on Mac machines how do you make sure Mud is getting all the memory you can address to it.?....or is it done automatically?

Unless Mudbox is a 64 bit Apple Cocoa application, which I do not think it is, then you won't be able to get any real benefit from it on Snow Leopard from a memory stand point. The same applies to other apps too like Vue. I have made several detailed posts explaining most of this over at e-on. It has some good tips and you may also want to do a Google search to learn more about 64 bit in general how it all works and Snow Leopard. Also, there are some good tech articles about the 32 bit kernel vs 64 bit kernel.

I would post a link, but you have to be an e-on customer to get access to their forum I think.

kiwi
09 September 2009, 01:01 AM
no ya I understand the rudimentary difference between 32 and 64bit memory allocation....With Mud I meant is there a pref for memory tweaking {for the best performance etc} like say in Zbrush,thats what I meant,but there is not so its all automatic via the OS.

I also know Mud is 32 for Mac at this time,but I had to upgrade to CS4 for PS to play nice with SL.So I wondered whether Mud 2009 would play nice with SL in its current form,seeing how I had to upgrade.....thats what I was trying to workout and I have my answer,thanks though :}

CGTalk Moderation
09 September 2009, 01:01 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.