View Full Version : Emit from Polygon/Vertice?

Sbowling
08 August 2009, 12:16 AM
I'm trying to figure out how to emit particles from the center of the polygons on an object. I know there was a video that showed this, but I think it's been lost in the Autodesk takeover. If anyone can post an ICE tree or give me a good explanation I would apreciate it.

Also, if anyone knows where the original ICE demo/tutorials from the Softimage site have gone, I would apreciate that too.

PiotrekM
08 August 2009, 04:47 AM
get data->mesh.polygonposition

as for old tutorials, I think redi-vivius is hosting them now

Sbowling
08 August 2009, 04:55 AM
If that had worked, I wouldn't be asking the question here. :) All that does is get the polygon position, but what I can't figure out is how to get it to emit particles from that position.

There was a tutorial that showed how to emit particles from the points of an object by basically creating your own emitter, but I can't seem to find it. I thought it was on Vimeo, but I went through all the videos in the softimage ICE group and can't seem to find it. If anyone remembers this, can you please point me to it.

PiotrekM
08 August 2009, 05:01 PM
You plug that data into e.g. Add Point node... emitting is just point adding to pointcloud ;)

Sbowling
08 August 2009, 09:36 PM
Yeah, I found what I was looking for. I thought it was a video, but it's just a plain old fashioned HTML tutorial. :) http://withanar.blogspot.com/2009/03/introductionthe-supplied-factory.html

Has all the information I was looking for.

Thanks for the help.

CGTalk Moderation
08 August 2009, 09:36 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.