We are developing a science fiction strategy game, and are looking for artists who fit the following;
1. Passion for Science Fiction; Isaac Asimov, Heinlein, etc.
2a. Well versed in 3DSMax/Maya/anything that can import to COLLADA
2b. Artists who can compose concept sketches.
3. Artists who want to break into game development.
4. Artists who want their work to be delivered on the PS3.
5. Artists who want to be part of a very unique IP, and work with an international team.
5. Artists who want to WIN at the IGF, PAX10, and the various indie games fests.
As a start, this project is geared towards delivering a title to the various independent games festivals (IGF, PAX10). We have a development cycle of one year, starting now. Sony has also agreed for potential publication, if the game passes muster.
Some of our art asset production concerns;
1. We need an Art Director
2. A team player, willing to go for the long haul. (we are working for 1 academic year)
3. Able to commit work on a flexible schedule (full time not necessary)
If you would like to see our most recent work, please feel free to visit our forum : http://forums.soe.ucsc.edu/viewforum.php?f=79
Also, please feel free to email me any questions that you may have :
slade AT soe DOT ucsc DOT edu
Thanks for reading.
Hacker : A.I., operating systems, threads
PS3 Developer Lab @ School of Engineering, UC Santa Cruz