View Full Version : controling environments reclections with Mia?

ronaldomiranda
08 August 2009, 05:27 PM
Hi guys!

i am in a simple situation that i need some light :

I am lighting a exterior scene, using physical sun/sky, and how you already know
the glasses take all environment and reflect it, so you get all that BLUE color from the sky...

i need reflect the objects that are close to the windows, but i do need use a image map for reflect the rest, otherwise i will get that eternal blue color.

1. to set up second environment reflections?
I tried some environment shaders and didnt work...

I want reflect both the closed objects and the image map...

is that possible?

thanx in advance

ronaldomiranda
08 August 2009, 08:03 PM
please...

is that possible with some mr shader?

Wonderer
08 August 2009, 08:48 PM
Enviroment ray switch from the production shaders does just that, you only need to map a mip_mirrorball to it.

ronaldomiranda
08 August 2009, 11:49 AM
hey mate, thanx for the tip!

it was hidden by default :)

but i still didnt got it:

cause if i map the environment switch to the camera mental ray section, i lost the connection with the physical sky ( but i still want the sun on the scene)

and if i map a new image to the background, i see it on the final render, but not in reflections

:(

maybe i still didnt get it

ytsejam1976
08 August 2009, 12:01 PM
Maybe you use this metod: Create the semisphere with normal inverse, the old meotd, with a map on diffuse bla bla bla and write and run this on the script editor:

addAttr -ln "miFinalGatherHide" -at bool pSphereShape1;

or any name you have on your sphere shape.

Ops..... after this, you have on the extra of the sphereShape this attribute than you check on.
ciao

ronaldomiranda
08 August 2009, 12:23 PM
oh

seens i found a workaround using the mip_rayswitch_advanced!

thans Wanderer!

ronaldomiranda
08 August 2009, 12:26 PM
thanx for the help too ytsejam1976 (http://forums.cgsociety.org/member.php?u=324120)!!

btw more than 700 already!

i am getting TALKATIVE :D

Wonderer
08 August 2009, 02:14 PM
Glad I could help... :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
08 August 2009, 02:14 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.